Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My ESA has been stopped
I have had my esa stopped after an assessment at 5ways Birmingham on 3rd jan, I have a serious khyphosis of the spine from which I suffer chronic pain all day every day I am on the the spinal registry for a operation to correct the curviture and hopefully half the pain, I also suffer with ostio arthritis in my neck,back,hips and knees on top I also suffer with depression.I have high blood pressure and high collesterol and also suffer with severe hypotension which has caused me to blackout twice, im always in pain and I cant walk far.I take high dose zapain/codiene, amytriptoline,iboprufen,ramipril,simvastatin,sertraline,dioctyl,lansoprazol I also take oromorph for the pain too how can they say I can go back to work its disgusting!!! I scored 0 points on there assessment because I (scratched my head) and I walked 65 yards down corridor to interview room but I could only walk very slowly with my stick and I was in pain, I dont have a pain meter on my body so how can they say I wasnt in pain they also said I didnt need help getting on examining bed when I clearly was struggling to do so without offer of assistance and couldnt lie down because of my khyphosis I struggled to get off aswell its a joke they say what they want to say to get you off esa I cried in front of assessor when talking about my depression yet no mention was made of it unbelievable!!! These assessments need to be stopped because they also didnt take into consideration doctors reports and my surgeons report can't be right can it? Can anyone advise me what to do please!!!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.