Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Need advice on ESA
Just after a bit of advice, I applied for ESA and it took 2 years for them to send a f2f appointment, I scored 0 points for everything and the notes were full of lies, I sent off a MR and still 0 points so sent off appeal, at the tribunal the judge awarded me 15 points for mobility alone and said he would have given me more had there been a need to, when my letter of confirmation came the next day it said the judge had awarded me ESA with 15 points with the care component, the DWP were sent the exact same letter, I rang the job centre to ask what 'with the care component ' meant and they said it meant that I was awarded the support group, the letter also said that the judge did not recommend a review time limit, after stopped payments and many phone calls I was put in the working group! I would be a serious health hazard in any workplace and my doctor refused to write me a 'fit note' to say what I was able to do, I have written a detailed letter to the DWP about why I think I have been put in the wrong group but have had no reply, does anyone know what I can do next? Sorry for such a long letter!
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.