I have Aspergers, but I think I am normal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have Aspergers, but I think I am normal

Options
Anonymous123
Anonymous123 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
My name is Sara, I am 27 and I have Aspergers.
Throughout my life though, I feel like I'm normal and people who don't have Aspergers are weird, I mean they are ones who use silly sayings they can't explain how they relate to what they mean and get annoyed at you for asking!  They are the ones who make mistakes because they are not very organised and find it hard to get things done because they lack routine. I could go on, but when you think about it, sometimes although we struggle with some things because of our Aspergers and none of us are perfect, don't you think we actually have the better side on a lot of things?
So called 'normal' people just say and do a lot of things because that's what all the other 'normal' people are saying and doing, but we with Aspergers choose what we want to do and say based on logic, not on other people, so therefore I think we are the less weird of the two.
Let me know what you think wether you have Aspergers or not thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    Options
    @Anonymous123 Hello Sarah!
    And hello @DannyMoore, agree with both of you so much. I'm just realising how to use my 'obsessive thoughts' to my advantage, also like you Sarah I've found it odd that people say things and can't explain why or how they come to that conclusion, makes sense to me to be able to explain things rationally, also it amazes me how some of my friends lack organisation and can't find things, and think I'm 'crazy' yet it's not me who doesn't know where my keys are everyday hehe I love that I'm on this forum because all my life I've felt weird or odd yet when I read posts like yours I realise we are actually less odd than everyone else!!
  • joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    Options
    Like @DannyMoore said if we learn to channel our 'obsessive' fields of interest we can really flourish, and indeed help us get a job because there will be no one else like us who is so dedicated and boy do we get dedicated 

Incidentally it's just a  thought, but it's believed Einstein and Newton had what would be known now as autism.

We're in good company  
  • Anonymous123
    Anonymous123 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Options
    @DannyMoore Yes I can get very emotional at times and my coping strategy is to cry! But then at least I can get it all out and it's not anger, I think it would be worse to get angry as a coping strategy.
    @joannarashelle I'm no Einstein, but when I enjoy doing something, I do it pretty well.
    Someone said they found my humour and honesty refreshing today because I am just saying what everyone else is thinking, so I took it as a compliment and said thanks lol

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.