PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


johan155 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: pip appeal refused.


  • johan155
    johan155 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Good day. In November 2015, I filed a Request pip. He received PIP format and here we are filled and sent back. 3 weeks came the reply from ineligible for this pip-have been in the UK for at least 2 of the last 3 years, bug me another three months to try to meet the Eligibility
    My question is that I have to appeal and stretching to three months or do I apply again for justice to pip three months after Thanks for responding
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering

    Hi Johan,

    Because you have to have been in the UK for 2 of the past 3 years at the date of claim, if you didn't meet this requirement with your existing claim, then I'm afraid you will have to start again when you have been here 2 years.

    On a side note, if you are an EEA national who has moved from another EEA state to the UK, this requirement sometimes does not apply, you (or in some cases a family member on whom you are dependent) would need to have a genuine link to the UK social security system - i.e. be working in the UK and evidence for all that. If that seems to apply to you I would recommend trying to find a local specialist to discuss the case face to face for advice on appealing the decision.

    Hope this helps!

    Kind regards,



    The Benefits Training Company

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.