where to send Mandatory Reconsideration letter - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

where to send Mandatory Reconsideration letter

2»

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Also today went to see the physio who has done myself a support letter, unfortunately, the printer was not working so she is sending it through the post as and when. Do you think I should add that to help my mandatory decision or leave it now, as I did put inthe letter to dwp that all the evidence is could get I've sent. By the time I get the physio letter and send it off it will at least be 2 weeks or so and dwp may not even look at the evidence anyway judging by some of the stories heard.
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Send the MR letter ASAP then you can send any other evidence later. Just make sure you don't miss the  deadline for the MR. The same if you are not happy with MR decision you can send any thing else before the Tribunal.  Look on the CAB website for details, they were a great help to me.
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    PS there is a link on here somewhere how to go through the MR and Appeal process but can't recall how to get to it?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi alisha

You should send a copy as soon as you can, it may arrive in time. It will be on record if you need to go to tribunal

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • alisha22
    Cockney rebel   thanks a lot and will do, any  evidence is great I suppose.
  • alisha22
    Just waiting for physio support letter as more evidence for dwp. Just tracked my recorded delivery letter online and it's been signed for, so that's good, just in case dwp deny getting it.
  • greengiant18
    greengiant18 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Regardless of the benefit, pip, ESA etc... Is there a specified timeframe of when it's at their sorting offices?, I rung up 2nd or 3rd time telling them I was sending the MR off for my dad, the guy said getting an appointment at a local job centre over the phone to fax it to them would be quicker. Problem is my dad cannot use public transport and can only use a taxi and need help getting in and out of a taxi, and taxis aren't cheap.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It's more important when it arrives at DWP rather than at the sorting office because it's not classed as being there until it arrives at the department it's going to.

It won't be possible for your local job centre to fax the letter to them. Best thing to do if you're worried about the time frame is to send the request and then ring DWP the day before the deadline to request it and then tell them the letter of request is on it's way.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RTX2080
    RTX2080 Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Hiya everyone, Thanks for the address,

You couldn't make it up how hard it is to find this address if you loose the letter? This is the government we are talking about not some small company? You really would of thought that the government are more transparent about these details and they are easier to find, I filled in an online form for this address giving my postcode and it game me a totally different postcode where to send it?

Thanks once again.

Personal Independence Payment 6
    Handling Post site B
    Wolverhampton
    WV99 1AD

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.