PIP ASSESSMENT SCREEN VIEW — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ASSESSMENT SCREEN VIEW

wildlife
wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
Hi Everyone, On the official ATOS website there is a video about how a PIP assessment is carried out. The assessor is positioned next to the claimant in such a way as allows him to watch what is being written about him. Also the assessor points this out to him in her introduction. I was sat opposite my assessor and could not see the screen at all. So if you haven't had your assessment yet make sure you can watch what is written about you. You may want to check with ATOS before hand whether this is official practice..?         

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Wildlife, I've heard that it's very common that you don't get to see the screen. 

• sundontshine123
    sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    LOl they dont pratice what they preach they make there own rules up as they go along.
    Mine was with Capita and they just as bad as Atos.
    Disgraceful companys!
    Should not be allowed contracts to deal with sick/ill disabled people.
    All the extra stress they cause people its a dam right sinful the goverment turning blind eye.

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I couldn't see the screen at my assessment.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    No they don't allow you to see what is being written! 

Perhaps if if you ask they might 

they're all very nice to people but possibly wolves in sheeps clothing 

nobody can even think assessors can be trusted 

• wildlife
    I've just rung ATOS customer services and asked about the screen view and the advisor couldn't answer the question. He put me on hold and spoke to one of the managers. Turned out it was the lady dealing with my complaint about all the other lies. He came back and said that not being able to see the screen has now been added to my complaint.So it looks like you ARE supposed to be able to see the screen. This would make so much difference although looking back to my assessment it would have been difficult to answer all the questions then read what had been written, but I would love to be back in the assessment and would give it a jolly good try..
  • sundontshine123
    I told them my report and assessment is not fit for purpose.(there words). As i was refused pip and given 5 year review. Which shows lack care of attention when form filling. Also my review last time was for 3 years so cannot make excuses. I stated this to dwp and also capita with the lies contridictions.@wildlife when did this all happen was it recent? Mine was march. 
  • wildlife
    I had my assessment on January 20th this year and have been offered the standard rate for both. So I have to be careful not to lose what I've got. If I'd been able to see the screen I'd have been stopping her all the time to correct things but unfortunately it has to be done there and then as ATOS will not listen to any complaints afterwards they just say nothing can be proved. However all is not lost as I said before you can ask to see the screen and complain about not being able to. If I had another assessment I would check on this well before the date... 
  • sundontshine123
    Yes me too now read what u have been through.
     To be honest i dont think i could put myself through another f2f so if my appeal not successful that will be it as this has made me so ill.
    not even at appeal stage still at 1st base M R
  • janice_in_wonderland
    I wish I'd known about checking what was written in front of me tues morning 

too late now :-/ but I'll tell others 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2017
    The PIP saga is a nightmare - you come out the end in worse health than you went in. In my case, first there was the long, complex PIP application form, then the face to face, next the long, written case for MR, then the long, written appeal to the Courts Service.  Next, will be the tribunal hearing.  If things don't go my way, I'd give up then; I wouldn't have the energy for an appeal to the higher tribunal.
  • wildlife
    Hi @janice_in_wonderland, The video of what should happen is nothing like the reality but at least they accepted this as something to complain about when I rang ATOS today. I was only ringing to ask whether seeing the screen was an official ruling. So it obviously is...
  • janice_in_wonderland
    Hi
    The assessor told me where to sit which was opposite her on the other side of her desk and only turned the screen around once to ask if I was still on the same medication 

• wildlife
    Hi Janice, I truly believe this is done so that you can't see what is being written and it has been overlooked by most of the people trying to change things. If they want the process to be more open than the desk in assessment rooms need moving so claimants CAN SEE what is being written. I will mention this in all my correspondence from now on.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    I'm going to tell others to sit next to assessors

I
    look back & was not with it... I feel they play in people's vulnerability :-(

When is it the right time to ask for Mandatory R ? 
    At thd assessment?
    Immediately?
    Wait 4-6 weeks for the answer? 
    When an appeal is going to be made? 
  • wildlife
    You do that after you get the first decision as you say 2-4 weeks after your assessment but only if your not happy with what they're offering you as payment. Make sure you have rung the PIP number to ask for the assessor's report form PA4 to be sent to you. Then you can compare it to the decision and do a MR based on what you're not happy about on both things.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    Thank you for your reply Wildlife
    Ok so assessment first, which has already been done and was told where to sit opposite her :-( 
    Now wait for the decision, 
    if it's acceptable then so be it.. 
    if it's unacceptable request form PA4 
    then do a ?
    Please can you clarify in keys words what is to be done bc it's the MR I'm not familiar with 
  • sundontshine123
    edited August 2017
    @janice_in_wonderland
    you can ring now ask for you assessors report as sometimes they take ages to send them 2 ppl. 
    So you can compare it to your decision letter.
    i wouldnt eorry bout m r yet until you get your decision letter.
  • sundontshine123
    Sorry meant to say worry.

• wildlife
    @janice_in_wonderland, No not quite the right order. I'll list them for you:
    Assessment (done) the report is sent to DWP the same day I think so
    Ring PIP for your assessment report to be sent to you
    Wait for the decision, if OK :) if not compare decision letter with assessment report
    Ring PIP and tell them you want to do a Mandatory Reconsideration. Ask for the date you have to do it by. 
    Write a letter with all the things you disagree with and what you need help with and why. Send more evidence if you have any to prove what you're telling them.
    OK?
    If you get stuck someone on here will help you so don't worry. Just take it one step at a time.. 

• sundontshine123
    We knew in 1st 5 mins of f2f she was gonna give me bad report by her attitude and did not want to take evidence because she did not want to do report because she thought she was going home.
    now because of her i have lost my enhanced daily living. Got 2 dl and 4 mobility.
    You can ring up for report day after assessment i have found out. I was lucky as i recieved mine 2 days after requesting it. Some people wait weeks for theres.
    also ring welfare rights cab make app as it takes weeks to get app with them. You can always cancel it if your decision is in your favour.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.