Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


hi i was wondering if someone can help me i have fybromyalgia and in severe pain but i don't know if this is classed as a disability i work 21.5hrs a week but really finding it extremely painful and exhaustion would i get disability from job centre?


  • AlexAlex Scope Posts: 1,324 Pioneering
    Hi Tracey,

    As it affects your ability to work, it sounds like you might be eligible for Employment and Support Allowance:


  • CatmanCatman Member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Hi Tracey.

    Fibromyalgia is most DEFINATELY classed as a disability, I suffer from it to and lost my job as an Aircraft Fitter due to it. I get ESA (I'm in the support group now, get extra money and no longer have to provide a fit note) and I get the higher level of PIP for daily living. Fibromyalgia can be like a living hell. 

    I was originally diagnosed with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) by a Psychiatrist back in 2009 after my doctors at the time thought it was depression. Sadly there's no quick fix to Fibro and meds only work on about 38 % of patients. 

    I wish you well. 
Sign in or join us to comment.