Once Upon a Time (History Cartoon) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Once Upon a Time (History Cartoon)

Options
bendigedig
bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
https://youtu.be/dfnLa4B-Pbg

Hi all,

As a boy I loved watching this Eurocentric History Cartoon.  I've  included a link showing the titles.  Dont be put off by how dated it is.  My wee man loves it.

I thought I would mention it as I recently rediscovered it with my 11yr old son.  He has Aspergers and one of his Special Interests is World History.

If you have a History buff in your Clan or you look after one.  This series of Cartoons can be found on Youtube.  Weve been watching them on a SMART tv. I'm loving it as much as my lad :)

When I first rediscovered it I welled up with tears 

1 Because as a kid I had loved it so much 
2 Because Tocato and fuge in D minor by JSB is the sound track to an amazing opening title that left me dumbstruck as a child and still does.

The series of Cartoons supported by a whole host of European Countries in 1978 (except Britain of course!  Typically absent from an excellent European collaborative project) was designed to provide a light hearted and entertaining insight into world history for the young mind.  It goes about this by using a dial of years animated in the top left hand corner with a narrator interjecting at key points in the main charecters life. Charecters that resurface and play out key points in the worlds History.

The snivelling little red haired character is probably my favourite.  I think in later life he became either Skeletor or a Conservative Parlimentary Under Secretary.

The other Characters are great too.  Its good fun to watch them traverse the corridors of time in a goofy 70s Euro Animation :)

I recomend this to any and all kids but particularly those with an Aspergers History obsession and those who are in their 40s nostalgically recalling lying on the carpet in the School holidays watching the morning telly for kids :)

I think the creators/owners have a load more stuff on their Youtube channel.  Im looking forward to seeing what the rest of it is like.  Amongst other things there seems to be a series on the human body too.  Well worth a look at "Once Upon a time" only though :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.