If I appeal Decision by MR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I appeal Decision by MR

jose2
jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering

Will the standard rate for both components I have been awarded  cease if I take it Tribunal Appeal stage!

Unsure on this matter, as don't know whether to proceed to this next level in process or to leave it as it is!.

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello jose2

When a decision is challenged the award already in place can be considered. This means a tribunal could increase the award, keep it at the same rate or decrease the award.  It is very rare for a tribunal to reduce an existing award but unfortunately it can happen, and i cannot offer any guarantees.

One thing to consider if you are worried, is what length of award PIP gave you.  If it is a short award, then you can wait for the renewal to see if an increased award can be made.  If it is a long award, then it may be worth you seeking advice for example from a local CAB, Law Center to discuss your case.

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.