Hi, my name is Rebecca! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rebecca!

Options
Rebecca
Rebecca Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in Start here and say hello!
My sister has cp and has just been assessed for the new benefit scheme. Her enhanced level for mobility has been taken away. I am gathering together advise and information to help her appeal, unite and speak out for those with physical disabilities who are being discriminated in this new assessment. 

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Rebecca, welcome to the community and well done for your lovely role model posture. 
    I am fighting for my own case of my medical condition and I have to mention it is loooooooong process which requires lots of patience and strength. 
    It is nice to have south a Brave sister. Well done to you. 
    Ask @BenefitsTrainingCo for advice on process of help available. 

I hope you and your sister will find some chilling moments to celebrate Easter. 

Happy Easter to you

Iza 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that she's lost out. Is she on the lower rate? 

You'll find many people on here are going through the process - so I hope you can find some useful advice.

We also recently put together some tips for appealing:
    https://www.scope.org.uk/Support/Tips/Disabled-people/PIP-appeals

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.