Hi, my name is ladybug1166! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ladybug1166!

Options
ladybug1166
ladybug1166 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I havw spastic dyspaisia my legs ans hips are very tight. My boyfriend is over 500lbs and I was wanting to lnow if there ways for us to have intercourse? 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ladybug1166 welcome to the community.  I have moved your post to the Ask a sex and relationships expert category.

You might like to read this post about spastic Diplegia & sex that has some great advice.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • PSHEexpert
    PSHEexpert Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello!

Thank you for your question - I feel that there is hopefully always a way to have enjoyable sexual experiences with a partner, but when there are physical barriers it might take some thinking around.

In your situation, where your partner is quite a big chap (and I say that respectfully - I am not a small woman!) and you have issues with your legs/hips, I think it would take some careful thinking about how best to achieve supporting his weight comfortably whilst ensuring that you are well balanced and comfy too.  I think sometimes we get a bit hung on on 'man-on-top'/'woman-on-top' positions, which are traditionally focused on one partner doing a lot of supporting themselves and can get tiring for both people, as well as having an emphasis on the receptive partner having their hips and legs rotated open/parted.  It also means that whoever's having to hold themselves up, by default, is then a bit limited as to any other multitasking (as it were!) which can get a bit distracting and throw you off your groove.  SO.  My thinking would be to lean towards a position where you can prop yourselves comfortably to allow lots of touching and contact, and where you don't need to  put yourself in that potentially uncomfortable/difficult 'open' position.  For example, side-on 'spooning', or your partner on their side, you on your back with both your legs hooked over theirs - sorry if that's all a bit too graphic (moderators please moderate me if necessary!!) - obviously it's tricky without knowing lots about you both and your physical strengths and weaknesses but there are, I think, ways around it that don't involve lots of balancing and extending!  I also cannot recommend enough getting a bolster cushion (IKEA do good cheap ones, well done IKEA, you now sell sex furniture) - they are so useful for helping with propping, support, etc.

- Gill 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.