Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
DLA PIP Help!
I have joined this community chat to try and get some advice for my sister. She has been on disability living allowance, now pip for 6 years. She had to go for a medical in December and she given 0points and taken off pip. She wanted to appeal but had to obtain a mandatory recommendation. She missed the date it was due to be sent in, ( due to her gathering information from her GP, consultant's, councillors etc) she rang and explained why there was a delay, but the gentleman she spoke to was very rude not at all helpful, and told her to seek advice from citizen advice. As he didn't know what she could do about it. I'm extremely worried about her well being, she is very nervous, depressed, she has rumatoid authritis, & asthma. Her feet and hand are becoming deformed. I don't know what to do to help her, can anyone point me in the right direction, so i can help her. This is a very serious situation. Thank you
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.