The appeal process — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The appeal process

RuthClothier
RuthClothier Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've just heard that the mobility part of my pip has been turned down despite the fact that it was an indefinite award when it was dla so I will be starting an appeal. While making enquities on google I was guided here but I've forgotten what my next question was ! My original query was how long on average doesthe appeal process take ?

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

Welcome to our community @RuthClothier

We have a section called ask a benefit advisor you may find benefit related questions get answered quicker there.

Sorry I cannot answer your first question, but wanted to welcome you.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @RuthClothier

Welcome to the community.

Are you doing a mandatory reconsideration first? The @BenefitsTrainingCo said on another post about PIP:

Unfortunately there is no strict timescales for the DWP to conduct mandatory reconsiderations, and the decision cannot be appealed until this stage has been completed.
    In practice it normally takes between 2-8 weeks provided it is logged on their system as being a reconsideration request -in this regard I recommend calling them after around 10 days to make sure the request has been logged appropriately. The number is 0345 8503322.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.