Assessor said I had full mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor said I had full mobility

sharonmabey
sharonmabey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am registered disabled due to spinal problems, such as 3 bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, nerve damage and perminant sciatica due to the bulging discs.  I have major problems walking and use a wheelchair due to pain. I presently get only the care component of PIP as the assessor said I had full mobility due to aids, yes my mobility scooter I went in on, she also stated I could go on and plan journeys on my own, I never go out on my own as I can fall when walking and can't get scooter out of car on my own. She was a joke just a data inputter in my opinion, I didn't appeal it as I was worried about loosing it all.  She asked me to do some exercises and when I said I couldn't her report stated I refused.  The system is so flawed.

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @sharonmabey

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your experience. That sounds terrible. Unfortunately many people have written on here about similar experiences.

So you haven't asked for a mandatory reconsideration? It sounds like you would have a good case, but I can understand feeling nervous about losing everything.
  • sharonmabey
    sharonmabey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I just didn't have the energy to appeal. Perhaps when it comes up to the review I might do it
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering

I just didn't have the energy to appeal. Perhaps when it comes up to the review I might do it

So sharonmabey did you end up with any points at all or come out of this with anything money wise?   Shocking, oh why and when will the government do something about this a. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.