Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Assessor said I had full mobility
I am registered disabled due to spinal problems, such as 3 bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, nerve damage and perminant sciatica due to the bulging discs. I have major problems walking and use a wheelchair due to pain. I presently get only the care component of PIP as the assessor said I had full mobility due to aids, yes my mobility scooter I went in on, she also stated I could go on and plan journeys on my own, I never go out on my own as I can fall when walking and can't get scooter out of car on my own. She was a joke just a data inputter in my opinion, I didn't appeal it as I was worried about loosing it all. She asked me to do some exercises and when I said I couldn't her report stated I refused. The system is so flawed.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.