esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa

Options
nannydebbie
nannydebbie Community member Posts: 41 Connected
hi there im currently on esa support group its a joint claim since changing from dla care and mob to pip iv lost the care part but get he mob par t i currently waiting for pip to go to appeal will i now loose any think from my esa many thanks 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello. ESA and PIP are totally different benefits, as ESA is paid to people who are too ill or disabled to work, and PIP is paid on the grounds of needing a lot of help with daily tasks and / or having difficulty with journeys or moving around. It is very common for an ill or disabled person to get both. Having said that, it is not unusual for information or evidence to be shared between DWP ESA and PIP departments. If for instance someone said on their PIP form that they could walk 200 metres, but said on their ESA form that they could only walk 50 metres, then that kind of inconsistency might be picked up by the DWP. If you are still experiencing the same symptoms or conditions that enabled you enter the Support Group, then you should be ok, but that can never be guaranteed, so just make sure that your statements and evidence across ESA and PIP are consistent. Good luck with your PIP appeal!

Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.