What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Any more help

clare25clare25 Member Posts: 1 Listener
My husband gets full disablement benefits and we get tax credits working for me and some for my husband. Is there anything else he could claim? I can't claim carers allowance as I work too many hours. Should he be getting ssp as he's still of working age.

Thanks clare


  • NystagmiteNystagmite Member Posts: 608 Pioneering
    What do you mean by full disablement benefits? SSP is for people who are employed and sick.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @clare25 welcome to the community! As @Nystagmite says, can you be a bit clearer on what he claims.

    There is a benefits calculator here that you can use to see what benefits you could be entitled to.

    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi @clare25,

    As Sam has noted above, the link to the benefits calculator should be able to assist you with finding other benefits that you may be entitled to.

    Please post again if you want us to clarify anything that the calculator suggests claiming.

    In terms of SSP - @Nystagmite is correct that this is for people who are employed and currently unable to work due to sickness. However, not all employed people are able to claim SSP so it is worth looking into this further if your husband is currently off work sick. Try citizensadvice.org,uk for further information on this.

    Hope this helps,

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.