I had my pip reduced to standard rate as I can use a microwave — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I had my pip reduced to standard rate as I can use a microwave

msd Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I find it hurtful the amount of people on here suffering, I have rheumatoid, oesteo, and fibro I was awarded enhance rate  3 years ago, 12 months ago they lowered it , I found when my pip  form came back it had been worded different from what I said, I found on the enhance rate I was able to work 16 hours I ran my own business and was coping.
I had my pip reduced to standard rate as I can use a microwave , but I have deformed hands and cannot remove the plastic top when cooked ha , Since having it lowered my house hold bills increased I find it hard now to buy prepared veg e.t.c that I need.
I have since  march suffered extreme fatigue due to having to work more, my hands have deformed worse and now have problems in several parts of my body , I am suffering anxiety and  depression due to having to cope and I have 2 children a single parent and they expect me to eat microwave meals.
So now instead of my working and contributing to society I am at a point of finishing work which in the long run will cost the government more money x


  • WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Darling I would appeal this review it's obviously not a fare or correct and is down right evil wrong go to the CAB they will help you apeal this. Attos need shooting with all the stupid stuff that's been going on with PIP assessments and reviews. And I think we need a new MP for disability cos this stupid cow is doing nothing.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Im really sorry to hear this, there is lots of information here about appealing a PIP decision that may help you.
    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.