Housing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


I live in a top floor flat at the bottom of a steep hill so getting in and out is getting more difficult each time ( I walk with crutches) I go out
 I have to down 40 steps (or 2 flights of stairs ) then up the hill to get anywhere as shop and bus stop at the same level and then coming home it is in reverse and they 40 steps are a nightmare to pull your self up 
Have put in for a move but no places available with council (been waiting 2 years) and my housing association has a BID for IT policy 
Is there something I can try to get my move or I am going to be stuck in this flat 


  • peaches16626
    peaches16626 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Sorry ment bus stop and shop are at same level up the hill not my flat 
  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @peaches16626

    Welcome to the community. I've moved your post into the housing and independent living category. @Debbie_Scope might be able to help.

  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @peaches16626,

    Have you ever had an Occupational Therapist's assessment at your current property? The idea being that the local authority can provide aids or adaptations to your home to help you manage better. If there are no suitable aids or adaptations they can send a report to your local authority's housing team recommending a move to accommodation more suitable for your needs.
    This may have been done when you made your application to your housing association but if not, then it's worth considering contacting your adult social care department to arrange one.

    You should also look over your housing association's/local authority's allocations policy to see if you're in the correct band for your circumstances. If you need help with this, let me know and I'll look up the policy for you. 

    If you have the type of tenancy which allows you to participate in a mutual exchange this is something to also consider while waiting. People need to move all the time and for many reasons so keep an eye on mutual exchange websites like Homeswapper. Check with your local council too to see if they have a mutual exchange register in-house.

    I hope this has helped a little bit? If we can establish your current situation and banding position, we can work from there.

    Look forward to hearing from you soon.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.