Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is Topladytalks!

TopladytalksTopladytalks Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi! I'm a young at heart 50 yr old wheelchair user; I was disabled at 47 by a spontaneous catastrophic pelvic fracture which caused permanent nerve damage. This has left me with severe chronic pain and now I cannot walk or move without pain. I use crutches to walk and a wheelchair to mobilise. So this world of 'disability' was new to me, I'm discovering new challenges everyday and to top it off, I'm getting married in three weeks time! Every day is different and brings both good times and really awful difficulties- either way I'm just trying to live my 'new life' as best as I can...

Replies

• izaiza Member Posts: 471 Pioneering
    Hi @Topladytalks
    I do agree with you that entering the world of disability (no matter what type ) is like all entire personal World turn up side dawn. 
    I did not know what a disability means until the end of 2012/ beginning 2013. 
    In November will be 5 years and I still did not straight my life. Working on it. 
    Congratulation on planned marriage and Wedding going ahead soon. 
    Do not forget about "something new, something old, something borrowed, and something blue" 
    Enjoy the day upcoming days. 

Have a great evening 
    Iza 
Sign in or join us to comment.