mental health and PIP torture — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mental health and PIP torture

smallweirdo
smallweirdo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have mental health problems and also MS secondary progressive and Fibromyalgia. 
I have been living under the stress of waiting for a decision from Atos for 5weeks now and my health is declining everyday. I am so stressed that I consider suicide most days. I dread the post, and don't sleep anymore.
Two of my Drs have asked rhat I am spared the distress of a f2f ordeal, but I don't know if they will take any notice. I am not sure how much more I can take.
The fear of losing my car, which is my lifeline is making me physically and mentally more ill than ive ever been.
Shame on the government for putting us through yet another tortuous assessment.
I am sick of having to prove myself to endless officialls who seem to believe we are all liars.

Comments

• pinklady123
    pinklady123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I agree totally. I have my PIP assessment in 6 days time. My GP wrote me a letter stating that I suffer from mental health issues (I also suffer from autoimmune diseases) and a f2f assessment will cause me to end up in hospital and that I am a severe suicide risk. They've completely ignored that and said I have to have a f2f. My last assessment 2 years ago stated that my condition wouldn't improve. I'm at my whits end. I'm under CMHT being assessed (for the 8th time). It's ridiculous. Even more so as I've lost my job and my driving licence through no choice of my own, just because social services stated I'm unfit....yet I still need a f2f assessment. I understand where you're coming from, its so stressful and you just feel like you have to prove yourself over and over again....not just to DWP either. Hope thing work out for you :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.