esa — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


I have cp but iam not get on esa.


  • simonsable
    simonsable Member Posts: 75 Connected
    If you give Job Centre Plus a call and explain your situation, they should be able to help you situation

  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Member Posts: 603 Pioneering
    ESA is based on whether you can work (and your income) rather than the condition you have,
  • simonsable
    simonsable Member Posts: 75 Connected
    That is correct. If you can work, that adjusts, depending how much you earn.

  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hello fraz43 - if you can give us some more information on the Ask a Benefits Adviser part of the site, then we should be able to give you some full and speedy advice. Before claiming ESA it's best to do a bit of research about it, as a lot of factors can affect how and what you claim, including where you live, due to the rollout of a new benefit called Universal Credit which is taking the place of income based ESA in some areas of the country. Having CP in itself is no guarantee of being able to get ESA, as everything depends on the limitations you have and how those difficulties translate into points according to the ESA scoring system. On the benefits calculator part of this website you will find more information about this, and is also excellent.
    Anyway, send us a new post with some more detail about your situation and we will do our best to help.
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • simonsable
    simonsable Member Posts: 75 Connected
    Thanks for advising this person


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.