If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Premium dla

Mel73Mel73 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi think my discussion title correct as notice might be able to claim it as get esa and pip standard care rate and lower mobility ..but before pip had been on disability for over 10 years but was changing to pip so lucky pass medical...Now just noticed I might be entitled is it premier enhancement in disability???? Thankyou 


  • GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,370 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mel73 and welcome to the forum.

    I'm not sure now that you have moved to PIP that you would be allowed to apply for DLA. We are currently going through a transition period where DLA would be applicable for children up to 16 and PIP 16 to 65 @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise you on this.

    As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Hi Mel73,

    If you're getting PIP then you can't apply for DLA. But I wonder if what you might be asking about is disability premiums? If you are on income-related ESA then you could be entitled to:

    severe disability premium - if you get the daily living component of DLA, you live alone and no one gets carer's allowance for you. It's more complicated if you live with a partner

    enhanced disability premium - if you get the enhanced rate daily living component of PIP.

    So if you haven't already, I would contact ESA and tell them about your PIP award. You'd think they would know anyway and sometimes that works, but it can take time for different parts of the DWP to talk to each other!

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.