New Member, Chris_L — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Member, Chris_L

Options
Chris_L
Chris_L Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in Start here and say hello!
Hi guys,
i don't think I suffer from 'shy' but I do qualify as the tallest person of small stature as I am 6" 4' tall and have SED, which, I'm told, only affects people with dwarfism. I have been disabled most or all my life. Now I can't drive, walk or leave my room in a care home. Not sure what else to say. I collect quality watches (automatics) and have had to leave my dogs and wife 9in no particular order!) in Bristol, some 20ish miles away and, as she and the dogs don't drive, we see each other rarely.

well, that will do for now.

should mention I have broken my glasses so typed by memory. 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Chris_L and welcome to the community.

Do you at least get to see your wife and dogs online? There are a number of programs which can do this that are free. I tend to use Skype a lot for this both at home and at work, we don't use phones at work any more everything is through skype. Picture quality can be a little poor at times.

Hope you get your glasses sorted out soon.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Chris_L welcome to the community!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.