Anyone else have hemiplegic CP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else have hemiplegic CP?

Becky22_
Becky22_ Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, 
I'm 22 And suffer from hemiplegic cerebral palsy I don't know anybody who also has this condition not have I ever met anyone with the same condition 
I try to live an as normal life as possible doing as much as I can I have a few close friends boyfriend and really supportive family but sometimes I really struggle and feel alone as nobody really understands how it feels
I struggle with the most basic tasks such as putting on a coat or picking things up off of the floor walking takes ridiculous amounts of effort and I am constantly tripping and falling over and it leaves me in severe pain all over which makes it difficult to sleep as I am never comfy which adds to my fatigue during the day 
I struggle to talk to people about it cause I feel like they think I'm just been silly or over exaggerating :/
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there a similar age with a similar condition? 

Comments

• Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Hi @Becky22_
    Welcome to the community - :)
    I too have Hemiplegia-if I can help with any questions etc just let me know. This community is a great place to talk about your condition. We are a supportive bunch

Another great place to meet other people with Hemiplegia is Hemihelp http://www.hemihelp.org.uk/
    They have a variety of different ways in which you can do this.

Hope this helps 

Best wishes 

• Megan_Pierce
    Megan_Pierce Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited July 2017
    Hi, I'm 17 and I have mild hemiplegic cerebral palsy. I know I'm not a similar age to you but I'd just thought I'd let you know that your not alone and that I have also grown up feeling like I am the only one who has my distinct type of CP and everyone else I've heard of with CP has more severe cases than mine. I know what it feels like to believe that nobody understand what it feels like to live with such condition.
  • Becky22_
    Becky22_ Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    @Megan_Pierce your close enough haha! But yeah I know everybody I've ever come a cross have a a lot worse! It's so good to know I'm not the only one! It's so hard because you're just constantly discriminated against just because you're young or that's how it feels anyway

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.