is it pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

is it pain

Options
gemw
gemw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
my 2 year old has cerebral palsy and its hard to no when hes in pain or if hes just upset as 99% of the time i put him down hes stiffening and cryin out in pain. he does have pain relief which is being increased gradually. however the professionals dont want to up it too much down too it making him floppy. i dont want him to be in pain though any advice much appreciated

Comments

• forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 502 Pioneering
    Options
    This sounds very hard.  Does he have any speech?  If he is struggling with no communication it could be that it is not so much that he is in pain but that he is frustrated and using any method he can to try and communicate.  My son (athetoid CP no speech) used to do a lot of stiffening and crying when we tried to put him down and we were advised that it was him trying to communicate.  we were introduced to symbols and some signing when he was about 15 months and that started to help.  Sorry if i am way off beam here!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.