It's been three weeks after a successful PIP tribunal - how long before I should ring them? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's been three weeks after a successful PIP tribunal - how long before I should ring them?

Kbear61
Kbear61 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have answer and it was overturned .by tribunal for pip so do I get all money . It has been three weeks . So how long before I ring them

Comments

• SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Hi @Kbear61 Welcome to the scope site. Been through this twice now so should be able to answer this. Have you had your decision letter from the court yet? If so are you anywhere near a cash point? I would check  but thats just me. If its been three weeks it is worth checking with your advisor at the job centre if you have one. I would say phone them but if you can get there go and see them face to face take your decision letter with you Plenty of other people on here have all bee through the same as you and there is lots of benefit advice. have a look around the site and  you will find it. I hope it doesn't take much longer mine took about three weeks last time but it did take a year to get the tribunal. Good luck hope it goes well
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Kbear61

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm glad to hear of your success at a PIP tribunal, but I'm sorry for the delay in finding out more about your claim.

I've moved this discussion into our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where one of our community advisors may be able to help.

If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Kbear61

I would give it one more week, only because that then brings you to the month time limit for the DWP to ask for written reasons if they are considering appealing the decision further.  If they are going to do this they have to let you know.

Once it's been a month, if you haven't heard, you can assume that they are not appealing further, and then they definitely have to pay you! That is the time to ring PIP, but I'd expect the money to have come through by then anyway.

And yes you should get all the money going back to the original PIP decision.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Kbear61
    Kbear61 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    I got letter and answer all no and sent bank details also
  • SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    I am now hearing that PIP is no longer back dating claims, is this true?
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @SeanRyan
    For me I contacted P.I.P the day after, I received my court appeal letter. Just to see what was happening with my case. It didn't go very well, and they refused to talk to me. They told me they were sticking with there right, to 28 days to appeal. But for me going through this for nearly a year, I didn't let them fobb me off. Even though I still haven't had payment yet? The courts ordered P.I.P to back date the payments. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    SeanRyan,

it's not true - PIP will backdate your award if a decision is changed in your favour.

bevt2017 It seems as though the DWP are waiting for their month before they make payments, but technically to do this they should be asking for written reasons from the tribunal, or applying for leave to appeal, and telling you that they have done this. They should tell you what they intend to do 'as soon as reasonably practicable' - sorry that isn't very useful, but basically if they don't tell you what they intend to do within that month, I don't think it is lawful for them not to pay you.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo
    They have never sent me any letters, saying one way are another. The 28 days finishes tomorrow.
    I was told on Thursday they would be paying out, by the complaints department. But I feel disgusted that it had to get to that stage. before they even said that they were doing anything.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.