Will I get Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will I get Pip

MandieMum48 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Is there any info I can get on my ten year old daughters social worker deciding with my separated husband that the contact days I have my daughter I must collect her from school or loose the time with her? 
My ex drives, he also works within school hours to collect her everyday, he has used my back disability to gain 5 nights custody and me only two and works and receives a good wage, has all the child benefit, working & child tax credit & savings and lives in our joint council house while I'm sinking living only on ESA every two weeks and no other income, I get no income to feed & look after my child every weekend I have her and for the two evenings I have her after school, 
the social worker knows of this situation but is still trying to push this on me
not only is it a cost I can't afford but due to school taxi contracts it's near impossible to get a taxi at that time and they know I can't walk very far due to my back
I am meeting with adult advocate & my lawyer to get the social worker changed and investigated in her handling of everything since our separation last year due to emotional/controlling domestic abuse from my husband for many years and my daughter begging me to leave him & take her with me which I did but my ex and social work had a plan in place by August last year to get my child moved to her dads care and iv been fighting for my rights and my daughter since.
Also iv asked for a second extension on my PIP application due to a family death and having to move house and being myself having no help has been so much pain and financial strain but I was told it might not be granted, is this correct? 
many thanks


  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Hi @MandieMum48:

    Welcome! Thanks for posting in the Scope Online Community.

    I'm sorry to hear about the number of issues that you are facing. It sounds like you have two questions. One related to the days and times that you have with your daughter. That sounds like a legal question and you might consider discussing that with your lawyer.

    In terms of PIP, please see our PIP Page for more information.

    You will find a lot of helpful  information and people here.


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MandieMum48 you sound like you have an awful lot on at the minute and it's quite complex.  If you would like advice you can call the Scope Helpline on 0808 800 3333 - best of luck to you and your family
    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.