Hello My name is Eddie — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello My name is Eddie

Edster77
Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
I am a film buff, I like to going to the gym, cycling and swimming
I am an intellectual and a foodie
I am also interested in politics and current affairs
I like being a joker and I love comedy clubs

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Edster77 Welcome to the community! I just booked tickets to a comedy club on Sunday. I look forward to chatting with you!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Edster77,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

I'm off to a comedy club next week - they're always a great night out. Who are your favourite comedians?
    Liam
  • Edster77
    I like Mike Reid, Bob Monkhouse,Ken Dodd, Richard Pryor,Lee Hurst,Jimmy Carr,Russell Howard and Omid Djalili, Ive seen Omid Djalili this year in May, I've also seen Lee Hurst a few times at his back yard club in bethnal green.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Ah, I think Russell Howard's hilarious! I was very lucky to see him recently as he was trying out material for an upcoming tour. I'm a big fan of his Good News programme too.

I must admit that I don't know much about Omid Djalili - but I do recognise him from TV!
    Liam
  • Edster77
    Hi Liam how have you been? What have you been up 2 ?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Edster77 How are you ?  Reading your post.

About comedians very lucky to have seen many of the old type comedians.

Seen Bob Monkhouse a master class. Sir Ken Dodd so many times the genius another one. The last of the Music Hall Comedians.

Yes you do home in the day light.

Been born in the sixties this meant often saw comedians the Northern greats. At the end of their careers. Usually the working men's clubs or Theatre.

Seen Sir Norman Wisdom, some of the legends of the Carry on Team in drama and comedy.

Still carrying on.

What films do you like.? In my Film Noir and the ones in the Forties and Fifties. MGM Musicals.  Watch a lot of Talking Pictures. Usually murder mystery Thrillers of the Forties and Fifties.

Plus the times when in the  Forties and Fifties British studios did one off types of films.  Ealing Comedies, Boulting Brothers genius, clever films. Satire.

Wish you the best.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Edster77
    Hi

I like action adventure and thrillers.

I Like Martin Scorsese, Ron Howard, Sam Mendes, Seven Spielberg,David Cronenberg,Darren Arronofsky,Wes Craven.

What about you?

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Edster77 Thanks for reply.

Favourite films like at the long list I have in my head. All time Favourite Double Emdentity with Fred Mac Murray, Barbara Stanwyck . This was set in the Forties the music by Max Steiner. The Original one of Man falls in love with Woman. To kill her rich husband.

Then it all goes wrong.  Edward. G . Robinson is in it as well.

The Stranger with Orson Welles, Bogart and Bacall both married did a series of films. To Have and To Have not.

Key Largo plus also Maltese Falcon and few others they did.  Either starring separate or together.  Such as A Lonely Place with Gloria Graeme.

Still find it a struggle to watch about violence in a relationship.  He is a prime suspect in a murder due to his violent tendencies.  Directed by Nicholas Ray and very much against type he played.

Like most of the thriller films of that time because there short.  Attention span and memory short due to addiction.

Like feel good films with M.GM Musicals.  Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra did a series of musicals together brilliant pieces of art and chorography .

In my time met a former work colleague who met Hermes Pan and Bob Fosse. There chorographers did all the dances.  Most of them. Bob Fosse did work with Liza Minnelli  on Cabaret and lots of other projects, musicals.  This former work colleague as she was a former dancer.

As well as Judy Garland, Fred Astaire.

I forget to add like the series of Anthony Mann Westerns and Dramas all starring James Stewart. In the Forties and Fifties in glorious Technicolour.

Marilyn Monroe all superb pieces of comedy.  Some Like It Hot.  With Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon. In the eighties came over here to British theatres. Adapted from the film and the German drama it was based on. Very funny, and fantastic to see it.

Starring Tommy Steele and Billy Boyle as the cross dressing fugitives.

That is it. So far.  Lots of others. Into my film soundtracks. Music of John Barry, Ennio Morricone, old ones like Max Steiner.

Like some of the films Steven Spielberg done. Duel a master class in suspense. Better than Hitchcock would have done.

Something to look out for he directed a few Colombo. With Peter Falk . Always on Sundays like those channels.  On Five USA or CBS.  Can see the genius in his early years. Did a drama with Joan Crawford one of her last ones. Something else to look out for.

Colour Purple love that.  Missed out on an Oscar for that one many of the cast. Racist Hollywood.

Some of the works he has produced Inner space with Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan.

Jurassic Park The first two still close my eyes.

Hope I have given you some food for thought.

Great to meet you.

I have a lot of film knowledge used to go to film fairs in Manchester early eighties and beyond. Those were the days of collectors. Meet the odd British star arriving to promote his or her film at the fair.

Once you get into that you meet many interesting, stimulating people.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Edster77
    Hi
    Ive seen Ennio Morricone live twice at the 02 arena in london and ive also seen Hans Zimmer.
  • brendarogers
    brendarogers Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi Eddie 
    Its nice to see people seeing the comedians live, I've not done this myself but you have all made me decide to look into booking a night out somewhere very soon. I have found comedy shows such an uplifting part of my recovery now regularly watching mock the week, 8 out of 10 cats, room 101, live at the Palace theatre. I'm amazed how Comedians give a much better view of this confusing world and that I love how they have improved my health and well being. If anybody could recommend a good first comedy night out in the West Midlands I'm all ears. Comedy is brilliant x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.