Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

bea
bea Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone. Thank you for approving me joining. I really would like as much information as possible on fibromyalgia as a disability. I have had to give up work now after going part time at Christmas. It's still not considered a disability. Why?? 
Thanks in anticipation. X

Comments

• chel
    chel Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Bea sorry to here that.I have a friend with your condition.s and I know what she goes through so I cxsn understand. What your going through.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bea welcome to the community! We have quite a few posts on fibromyalgia so take a look through and connect with others with the same condition.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • 258suz
    258suz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi bea like u I have just joined. I also suffer with fibromyalgia its not an easy illness 2 understand or live with.  
    I gave up work about 7years ago as I was so poorly but the endless visits 2 my gp didn't get me anywhere! My son found out about fibromyalgia and he got his phone out and shew me the posts about it and as I was reading I started 2 cry as it sounded like me...its hard 2 explain or understand the condition but if u want a chat about it I will b on here 4 a little while this eve. X
  • Catman
    Catman Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    I also suffer from Fibromyalgia, and it's awful. I have widespread pain and Chronic Fatigue with it and it cost me my job as an Aircraft Fitter for GKN Aerospace last August. I was diagnosed in October 15. I'm under the pain Clinic, have been on many different meds, presently on Pregablin and Codiene, but nothing works to ease the pain. I've had to resort to a nightly herbal smoke to ease the pain enough to allow me to sleep. 
    So in a nut-shell I understand. Fibromyalgia most definately IS considered a disability I can assure you. 
  • tracey67
    tracey67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I also might have this horrible fibromyalgia.... as there is no test you can take to say 1 way or another that you do. Many doctors say I do so I'll have to take there word for it. Anyway I've had it for about 4 years each year gets worse I have just about every symptom ! I've not had a good night sleep for as long as I can remember. I get restless leg syndrome which is a symptom, it's the most horrible thing . I've been on so many different pain killers nothing seems to work . I'm tired all the time , in pain all the time it's made me very depressed.  I'm going to a pain clinic next month as my GP seems to have run out of ideas . Is there a light at the end of the tunnel, if so please feel free to let me know.........

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.