PIP assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment.

bykerbabe04
bykerbabe04 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi 
I went for my PIP assessment and got awarded it but only standard for daily living activities and mobility. I don't agree with it but do not know how to word this. For example my partner dresses me puts me in the bath and washes me, gets me out again. They scored me 3 for this daily activity. 
Medication we told them that my partner keeps my medication as I am a suicide risk and 2.5yrs ago I overdosed and on a life support machine for a week. This is why he looks after it and leaves my tablets for dinner time they scored me zero for this. I now have to have them in a nomad system. 
My GP has referred me for a wheelchair as when I'm on my feet they swell up so need to be in a chair when going out. 
Could you please help me. 
Kind regards
Tracy. 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @bykerbabe04

I suggest that you re-post in 'Ask a benefits advisor' category.
  • DIB19631
    DIB19631 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi bykerbabe04,
    When you say your partner dresses you, is this you can not dress/undress yourself at all?
    When you say your partner puts you in the bath and washes you, is this you can not wash yourself at all?
    If your partner only gives medication at dinner time, how many hours a week does he do this?
    What is your disability/disabilities?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.