Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I went for my PIP assessment and got awarded it but only standard for daily living activities and mobility. I don't agree with it but do not know how to word this. For example my partner dresses me puts me in the bath and washes me, gets me out again. They scored me 3 for this daily activity.
Medication we told them that my partner keeps my medication as I am a suicide risk and 2.5yrs ago I overdosed and on a life support machine for a week. This is why he looks after it and leaves my tablets for dinner time they scored me zero for this. I now have to have them in a nomad system.
My GP has referred me for a wheelchair as when I'm on my feet they swell up so need to be in a chair when going out.
Could you please help me.
Get Outlook for iOS
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.