Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Help!! ASD/ADHD son has extreme jealousy/paranoia with my other children
I am currently having the worst time ever with regards to my 12yr old son. He had to be pulled from mainstream school due to being unable to cope there. I have been home educating him for 7 months and had a recent home visit to check on his work. The report was good. He has a severe problem with attachment to me. Every where I go he follows, he spies on me and waits til I'm about to show my other children some attention then snaps. He turns very violent/abusive and hating towards me and them. He has threatened to kill me several times, he has a hitting fit and swears like a madman. My other children are scared of him, our family life is really bad, especially at weekends. On his own he appears calmer, spends a lot of time moaning and seems very lethargic. If I ask him to do something outside his timetable he goes berserk. I have a specialist that gives him medication for ADHD and this calms him but he still becomes unbearable with my other kids. Its deeply affecting him mentally, also all of us, including myself who has a pro-lapsed disc and other health issues. I need some guidance as to what to do for the best. I am at a point where something HAS to change before something bad potentially happens. Thanks for reading Marty.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 529 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 928 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 590 Chronic pain and pain management
- 651 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.