11 year old with a vocal tic, ADHD and ODD — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

11 year old with a vocal tic, ADHD and ODD

Heather1980
Heather1980 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2017 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone, hope your all enjoying the weather? I have an 11 year old son with ADHD and ODD and hes recently been diagnosed with a vocal tic (clearing his throat) much to his frustration. Its getting worse and hes finding it very difficult to deal with. I hate that i can't take it away for him. We have an appointment with his consultant tomorrow to discuss a way forward. He already struggles socially and has no friends, this is not helping his situation and its heartbreaking. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Heather1980.
    A very big Welcome to you, I hope that everything goes ok with the constant hopefully you will get the answers that will help you ???
    Can you please let me know if there is anything that I can help with ????
    Good luck with the constant.
    Steve.
  • Heather1980
    Heather1980 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou Steve . Fingers crossed i can get some answers tomorrow and some support to help him deal with this.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Heather1980,

Welcome to Scope's online community! I have been enjoying the weather, but I think it's a little too hot for me, haha!

I hope the meeting with the consultant goes well today. If you need any further advice and support, then you may find our Parents and Carers category of interest.

If you have any other questions, please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Heather1980.
    No problem, anytime you need "help/support" please please let me know!!!
    I hope everything goes well please please let us know how things go ???will I I I I  I will keep my "fingers + toes" crossed for you.
    The best of "Luck" for you.
    Steve.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.