Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is Pollie!
Hi i am registered disabled. In 2005 and again in 2014 I had major surgery on my head and neck for cancer. This has left me with a facial disfigurement. I also have arthritis in my spine. The main reason for joining the group is because our daughter has recently had an AVM (Arterial Venus Malformation) bleed in the brain - October 2016 and it has left her disabled. Very much like a stroke. I want to hopefully join with like minded people and in doing so pass encouragement, hope and help to our precious daughter. She is married with 5 year old boy and 7 month old girl who was delivered as an emergency caesarean birth on Christmas Day at 31 weeks whilst her Mummy was still in a coma.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.