Using an aid — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using an aid

Options
SunnyGirl
SunnyGirl Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
IDS resigned because he said that Cameron & Osborne were going to far by bringing in the rule that if a PIP claimant was using an aid or and aid was available they would not be awarded the points. There was a big stink about it at the time.  They are now implementing this rule and claimants are losing hundreds of pounds per month.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SunnyGirl

Where has it been announced that PIP claimants are no longer being awarded points for using aids?
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I've not heard it either. If they did, they'd have to write the PIP criteria; as you get the lower points for needing an aid. (and I would be screwed because I was awarded PIP mostly on the basis of aids - even though my evidence mostly stated I need help from another person)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.