Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

moved back to the uk from Spain - disabled son

costablondecostablonde Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2017 in Disabled people
Hello. I have recenly moved back to the uk from Spain. My son is 21 and registered disabled in Spain I wish to bring him over, I'm struggling to get information as to wether he has to go through the process here to be registered disabled and what to do. I'm at a loss and tearing my hair out. I need to know what I have to do. He needs a national insurance number I know I can't do that until he gets here. I am on esa and I have been told as he is 21 yrs old he is classed as non dependant and I need to fill a form in so I can act on his behalf. Have spent last few hours on phone not getting anywhere due to lines busy. HELP!!! thanks 


  • costablondecostablonde Member Posts: 2 Listener
    My son is epileptic, ADHD,delayed development mental age between 10/13 yrs. can't be left alone. 
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @costablonde welcome to the community - are you and your son British or Spanish?
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @costablonde.

    It's great to meet you, I do hope that we can help you with this ???

    Please please have a look at our home page where there is plenty of info & there is also a number of professional people who might be able to help you ????

    There is also plenty of people on our online community who maybe to help you.

    Please please let us know if there is anything else that we can help/support you with !!!!
Sign in or join us to comment.