moved back to the uk from Spain - disabled son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

moved back to the uk from Spain - disabled son

costablonde
costablonde Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello. I have recenly moved back to the uk from Spain. My son is 21 and registered disabled in Spain I wish to bring him over, I'm struggling to get information as to wether he has to go through the process here to be registered disabled and what to do. I'm at a loss and tearing my hair out. I need to know what I have to do. He needs a national insurance number I know I can't do that until he gets here. I am on esa and I have been told as he is 21 yrs old he is classed as non dependant and I need to fill a form in so I can act on his behalf. Have spent last few hours on phone not getting anywhere due to lines busy. HELP!!! thanks 

Comments

• costablonde
    costablonde Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My son is epileptic, ADHD,delayed development mental age between 10/13 yrs. can't be left alone. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @costablonde welcome to the community - are you and your son British or Spanish?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @costablonde.

It's great to meet you, I do hope that we can help you with this ???

Please please have a look at our home page where there is plenty of info & there is also a number of professional people who might be able to help you ????

There is also plenty of people on our online community who maybe to help you.

Please please let us know if there is anything else that we can help/support you with !!!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.