Esa reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa reassessment

Options
angel65
angel65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just received the questionnaire for my ESA renewal.  I really do not know how to even start this and I am already anxious and crying . I do know that I can go to CAB for help but I feel it would be better for me and how I am for someone to come to my house . I live with my mum and she is finding hard to cope with me . I hope someone will understand. 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello angel65. Many many people feel anxious when they have to fill in DWP forms, and the ESA50 questionnaire can be a bit daunting. I really would encourage you to call the CAB for an appointment - you never know, perhaps they may be able to arrange a home visit? Keep an eye on the date by which you have to send the form back though, as your claim could be ended if the form doesn't get sent back in time. The best way to deal with feeling anxious about this is to get well-informed. Most people have to score at least 15 points from the list of activities in order to get to the next stage of ESA, and so a good plan would be to start doing some research online about how the points system works, and where your condition or disability would enable you to score points. Don't fill in the ESA50 until you have done some proper research, as you need to make sure your answers are detailed and meaningful. There are many organisations who can help you, including the Scope helpline (0808 800 3333), www.turn2us.org.uk, www.benefitsandwork.co.uk, Disability Rights UK, Citizens Advice to name a few. It is also a good idea to start thinking about who might be able to provide you with some supporting evidence about the way in which your illness or disability affects you, such as a doctor, therapist or counsellor. By the way, when you submit your ESA50, try and take a copy of the pages so you know what you have put down, and send it off using the 'signed for' option' so that you can track when it was received. I hope this helps, and good luck with your claim.
    Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.