Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is matthewsmum85!
Hello! Just thought I'd say hello. I'm new to this. My little boy is 2.5 and undergoing checks for his developmental delay, which we've been told is global delay. He has problems with his feet (out-toeing) and is under the orphoptics for this. Finding the whole process very overwhelming with lots of different questions and feelings being raised. Everything points to mild CP but no one has dared tell me anything official yet, just that it "takes time" but I'm not stupid. I've been doing my own research and a lot of my little boys symptoms "fit"
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.