Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
hi all i was awarded standard on both over 2 weeks ago i rang to speak to advisor about i can't use a cooker because i have arthritis in both knees and use a lightweight walker in doors to stop me from falling down i told them this on the phone and that it was not safe to use a cooker because i use both hands to hold onto walker how would i be able to use a cooker even if i used a perching stool i still need to hold onto the units to pull myself up so how could i handle pans etc, anyway the advisor said ask doctor to word this in his own words about uhow unsafe it was for you.so i agreed this was 2 weeks ago I'm due to see gp on wedsanday for letter.i just rang pip just now and was told my reconsideration has been done on the 29th of june and stayed the same rate, the advisor was shocked to read this because they have not even given the 1 month to send in evidence even if i did ask for reconsideration.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.