future of a lone asd child woman — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

future of a lone asd child woman

Options
suzylou
suzylou Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
hi what provisions are made for a lone asd child woman who lives with her elderly father and is unable to function in society and cope with life. My brain hasn't developed with age and I am 49. The future worries as I would like to continue to live in my own home with support. Is that possible? there doesn't seem anything about this in my care plan as no funding. I find it difficult to relate to people. I have no support as no family and friends apart from my dad. Somethings I just don't understand to function as an adult. I need a lot of support and so does my father as he has physical health problems. Am so worried about everything and future. Anyway just thought I would ask incase there are any organisations that help that I don't know about.

Comments

• suzylou
    suzylou Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    Options
    i also have mental health problems and some physical health problems and will need help in managing my life for the rest of my life but I don't think this is available. Feel very worried and anxious and always at the back of my mind
  • VioletFenn
    VioletFenn Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @suzylou

Do you have any support at all for yourself at the moment? Could you talk to your GP? If you have other mental health and physical problems then it sounds like you should be getting help of some kind, although obviously that's often easier said than done.  It's definitely worth looking for local ASD groups in your area - I'm sure you won't be the only person in a similar position. 

The National Autistic Society is a good source of info for adults - they don't just deal with children. And keep posting here! 

Violet
    ASD advisor, Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.