advice regarding medical negligence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

advice regarding medical negligence

gill2107
gill2107 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm looking for some advice regarding both medical negligence regarding a 35 year old man (my son) resulting in his death.
Also if anyone has information regarding Coroners. Can they make a finding from a hospital report that has important facts missing (visits to a&e) and even though aware not take on to an inquest?
I've read a verdict of by neglect can be added to natural causes if a hospital was given an opportunity to treat but failed to.
Many thanks
Gill

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gill2107

Good evening I do hope that we can help you ????

Please take a visit to our home page where we have got plenty of info & a number off Advisors who should be able to help you & hopefully you should be able to find some info as well ???

Please let us know if you require any further help/advice ???
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gill2107 welcome to the community, as this sounds legal and serious, it may be better for you to get support and advice from someone who is trained.  Have you seen the law centre? They may be able to help.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    hi gill2107 I have had a little experience regardingmedical negligence, I collapsed at work was taken to A&E to be told i had a chest infection a week later i was back at A&E having lost the use of my left hand and arm, I was told i had suffered a stroke subsequent scans revealed I had also suffered a stroke ion my first visit which was not diagnosed at all. the only advice I can give you and the hospital will not let you know is there is a 3 year time limit from the event to starting a case against the NHS so i would suggest seeing a solicitor asap, good luck
  • sunnysue
    sunnysue Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Davet sorry to hear of your health problems.  Did you find the medical negligence tricky?
    My family is at the beginning of a possible negligence case.  My brother was taken by ambulance because he was taken very ill with a headache and vomiting.  He was kepts in overnight  and diagnosed with migraine.   Even though it was obvious he was very ill,  he was send home.  I even argued with the staff he wasn't fit to go.  However I was told he has been cleared to leave.  So he has to leave.
    He collapsed once home and we had to call another ambulance.   This time he was taken to a different hospital.  A ct scan found he had suffered a stroke.   Result is he has lost most if his eyesight.
    I made a complaint and have just received the completed investigation report.  It clearly states mistakes were made and guidlines were not followed.   I am awaiting direction from a solicitor as to what can be done.  
    Any advice you could give would be appreciated.   

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.