ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

angelwings58
angelwings58 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have applied for Esa as I have a medical report and go letter saying I can not return to work .I returned my completed esa50?form with evidence on the 17 May but have not heard anything .Can you please tell me how long I wait for a result also can you please advice how I procedure with a PiP claim .

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello there. You should definitely chase up your claim and make sure it has been received and is in the system. If it is still waiting for DWP action you can call 08000556688, but if it is now with Maximus (the external assessment provider) then you may need to contact them directly to find out how things are proceeding. While you are waiting for the next stage in the process (which may well be a Maximus face to face assessment), you need to make sure that you are confident about how you are going to score enough points to get either work-related or support group ESA. For most people, this means scoring at least 15 points from a list of activities. There is a lot of excellent material available about the ESA scoring system: you can find information on the benefits calculator (Turn2us) part of this Scope website. Alternatively, you can go to Disability Rights UK, or www.benefitsandwork.co.uk. You can also use these websites to find out more about claiming PIP. The DWP website has a very good PIP toolkit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-personal-independence-payment-pip-toolkit. These pages will all tell you how to go about making a claim for PIP, which is also based on a scoring system. 
    Just a point about corresponding with DWP - it's a very good idea, if you can, to send anything that need to go to the DWP by the 'signed for' option. This gives you a tracking number, so that you can see when it was received and who signed for it. This helps avoid the 'lost in the post' conversations with DWP.
    Good luck with your claims!
    Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.