Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Does anyone have any experience of a hip replacement with CP?
Hi I am 36 and have CP effecting my lower limbs.I had both of my Achilles' tendons lengthened in 1987. I live as active life as I can, I have a job which I love, & an active social life. I struggle with increasing pain on a daily basis. I try to stay a cheerful & upbeat as I can! I also have a hereditary hip complaint which I have been toId that at some point in the future I will need a double hip replacement. Is there anyone with the similar symptoms or experience of a hip replacement with CP?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.