Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My daughter's school is not authorising any absence and I'm in court as a result - any advice?
Myself & both my daughters ( obviously ) have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I have had a HUGE battle with my youngest daughter's school over her attendance since her original diagnosis as the consultant refused to put her name to EDS & only called it Joint Hypermobility. This has led to the school not authorising any absence due to her pain & I am now in court as a result. I finally have a better diagnosis of JHS with pain in numerous joints....but still the case goes ahead & I need advice & support.
- 53.8K All Categories
- 10.5K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 788 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 289 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 684 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 304 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.