PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Too late to appeal PIP

andyroyandyroy Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi folks have been helping a deaf man of 34 with his changes to pip unfortunately he had lost all his old benefits and now to late to appeal any. suggestions 

Replies

• MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    @andyroy

He could make a new claim for PIP but I suggest that you re-post in Ask a benefits advisor category for expert advice.
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    I have moved it to the Ask a Benefits advisor category for you.

You have a month to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration, if it is past that time, I believe he would have to put in a new claim.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    Had you started the process ? Depending on the reason for missing the deadline, sometimes the DWP will accept a late claim.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi andyroy,

In my experience, PIP are generally very accommodating when accepting a late mandatory reconsideration of a decision. You would have to give good reasons but they are not very strict and it's worth a try. With a new claim you would only be entitled (if allowed) from the date the claim was made, whereas with a late mandatory reconsideration he may have his benefit backdated to the date of the original decision. Good luck!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great to know!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer