iPad mini with Proloquo2go — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

iPad mini with Proloquo2go

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• Ryan_Scope
    Ryan_Scope Scope Posts: 14 Courageous

Hello Suzanne,

Firstly thank you for raising this question with Scope.

It is very achievable for an adult to start speaking at a late age due to reasons with speech development and motor skill impairments. Proloquo2go will be very good for your son to start becoming familiar with the symbols associated with the words and phrases.

If this is the first time he is trying to communicate on his own with support from yourself, I would advise that you also use some cause and effect apps (Available on the App Store for free) which will help you understand his cognitive ability to associate symbols with words. This will also help with your son understanding the response he will get once he has made contact with the symbol on the iPad. (It is also very good for engaging your son with the iPad, so that he feels that it is fun and enjoyable instead of a challenge)

You can find some very useful tools with regards to apps on the app store at http://www.callscotland.org.uk/downloads/posters-and-leaflets/

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please do reply and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ryan Kennedy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.