Medical Negligence Claims.
Does anyone know anything about medical negligence?
My family is at the beginning of a possible negligence case. My brother was taken by ambulance because he was taken very ill with a headache and vomiting. He was kepts in overnight and diagnosed with migraine. Even though it was obvious he was very ill, he was send home. I even argued with the staff he wasn't fit to go. However I was told he has been cleared to leave. So he has to leave.
He collapsed once home and we had to call another ambulance. This time he was taken to a different hospital. A ct scan found he had suffered a stroke. Result is he has lost most if his eyesight.
I made a complaint and have just received the completed investigation report. It clearly states mistakes were made and guidlines were not followed. I am awaiting direction from a solicitor as to what can be done. Has anyone any experience with things like this?
Any advice you could give would be appreciated. Thank you.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments