Nearly 4 weeks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nearly 4 weeks

rosie55
rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
Hi I had tribunal beginning of July and dwp asked for statement of reasons around the 10th and I'm still waiting for statement of reasons.
Has anyone been in this situation?if so how long did it take to get statement of reasons ? Did it go to upper tribunal? X

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @rosie55 Don't worry this sounds worse than it is. Sorry I don't know how long it will be before you receive the statement of reasons, I think you have to request it to be sent to you, someone else will know. I do know that DWP can only appeal your Tribunal decision on a point of law, they cannot appeal or change the actual decision just because they disagree with it.This means the appeal panel had to have not kept to the rules of how points are awarded. Then DWP have to get the court to accept this and win the appeal. This is very rare and they only have 28 days from the time they get the SOR so once that's past they have to process the payments which usually happens around 6/8 weeks after the tribunal. Hope that helps..
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @rosie55

You will receive SOR at same time as DWP do.  I think tribunal can take up to 6 weeks to send SOR.  You could phone tribunal to ask progress.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is becoming more common for DWP to routinely ask for SOR. most of the time it is nothing to worry about, seldom do judges get it wrong.The DWP can only request an over turn based on  a point of law
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.