see me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

see me

Options
Bazalad
Bazalad Community member Posts: 21 Connected

Get to know who I am

Hello. I am Barry Smith and I am 38 years old, from Irvine in Ayrshire which is up in Scotland. All of my life people being look at me liked I am so different this is down to four things, the first thing is I have a physical disability which is Cerebral Palsy and I am in a Power Chair to, down to not having good speech I use a Lighterwriter. what I want people to understand my mind work. My hands jump around so I am type this up with my big toe. I went to college for many years and got my NC in Computing. my personal feel about college for disability people, they don't understand what we need they read up. We should start something.    

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Barry and welcome
    It is great to meet you. Thanks for sharing a little of your life.
    You are the second person I have met who types with their toe, I had a good friend with mobius syndrome. I have enough trouble using two fingers :)
    please let me know if I can  help with anything

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Bazalad, welcome to the community! If you have any questions or if there's anything we can help with, then please do get in touch.
    Liam

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.