My Dating and relationships — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Dating and relationships

Options
Bazalad
Bazalad Community member Posts: 21 Connected

Having relationships and sex when you have Cerebral Palsy

Who I am and what we will be talking about

Hi my name is Barry Smith and I am 38 years old from Irvine in Scotland. When I where born anyone found out, I have Cerebral Palsy what is a physical disability. Down to this I am in a power chair and I use a Lightwriter to so no matter who you are, you can understand what I am saying, what is mean part of the relationship when you first meet someone.

What happen next

If you think you liked someone you might asked them out on a date and if you both get on, you might both start a relationship and started thinking about having sex. The first person who I full in loved with they also had Cerebral Palsy liked me, we just had lots of hugs and kiss, down to support wasn’t in plan for us. Then the next relationship I had it was with someone who couldn’t feel her, own legs. Down to them couldn’t move she from her bum haft down or no feelings in these bites to. Down to me was always to come out of my power chair and was able to move along on my bum, sometime I would sit on her nap with my slippers on we would hugs, at first it was nice. Then we got a place together we had two sight bed this was down to we both had different support need, we break up.

After years being me myself

I got chat to a man online we meet but he didn’t tell me the truth. We were together for 7 years. Now I am single and hoping one day I will find love.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.