PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

PIP and Pension

BillBill Member Posts: 32 Courageous
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi there,
I'm new here - so apologies if this is originally sent to the wrong person.
I'm a 61 male, and had been in work until 6 years ago. Then my cp 'progressed' (I'm told this is common for people with 'mild' cp). I now have ESA (in the support group)and PIP.
I think that it is very unlikely that I will work again, and I want to find out:
(a) When my Pension will begin?
(b) Will any monies (that I get) be changed by my disability? and what I need to do to to increase the likelihood of my getting a correct amount?
(c) How do the recent changes to Pension (by the Govt) affect people with cp? (can I provide for my children,  and I sometimes doubt that I will live to the 'standard retirement age'?).
Your help would be much appreciated
Bill. 

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    a) You can check your state pension here

www.gov.uk/check-state-pension

b) check with one of the on line benefit calculators ( there is one on this site  somewhere )
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi Bill, 

With regards to your last question, any changes to the State Pension aren't linked to the kind of illness or disability you may have. I hope I have not misinterpreted your question, but please post again if I have!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.